Archbishop Bernard Hebda announces the focus areas for the Synod.
- Forming parishes that are in the service of evangelization
- Forming missionary disciples who know Jesus’s love and respond to his call
- Forming youth and young adults in and for a Church that is always young
Fall 2020: Prayer and Study
The theme of Year 2 in the Archdiocesan Synod is “The Church Prepares.” The Year 2 journey begins this fall with two virtual opportunities for prayer and study.
Praying with Scripture Series (launching in September)
This five-part virtual series on praying with Scripture offers practical tools for growing in holiness, drawing upon the rich tradition of the Catholic Church. Archbishop Hebda and Bishop Cozzens will teach the fundamentals of praying with Scripture and explain how to use a Prayer Companion resource to enrich your prayer experience. Watch at your convenience with family, friends or on your own.
Talk Titles and Speakers
- Talk 1: “Prayer is a Personal Relationship with God,” by Archbishop Hebda Download the Guide
Watch Week 1 on YouTube
- Talk 2: “How to Listen to God in Our Hearts,” by Bishop Cozzens Download the Guide
Watch Week 2 on YouTube
- Talk 3: “How to Listen to God in Our Hearts,” by Bishop Cozzens Download the Guide
Watch Week 3 on YouTube
- Talk 4: “How to Listen to God in Our Hearts,” by Bishop Cozzens
- Talk 5:”Prayer is a Personal Relationship with God,” by Archbishop Hebda
Healing and Hope Series (launching in October)
This five-part virtual retreat grounds each person’s fundamental identity as a beloved child of God. Yet each person has experienced wounds that bind. This retreat explores how to unbind these knots through the intercession of Our Lady, Un-doer of Knots, and open these wounds to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Encountering Jesus’ love and mercy brings healing and hope.
- On your own, sign Up for Weekly Emails: Receive an email each week during the Praying with Scripture and Healing and Hope series, containing links to that week’s video, plus downloadable discussion questions and Prayer Companion. Sign up here. (Emails begin September 13.)
- As a Community: Stay tuned for more details on how to participate as a Community in person or virtually.
For more details visit: https://www.archspm.org/synod/